Five Secure Ways to Donate:
1. Google Checkout
2. Monthly Donations through JustGive.org
4. Facebook Causes
5. Donate by Mail
Checks may be made payable to Asylum Access and sent to the following address:
39 Drumm Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111 USA
Asylum Access is a 501 c3 registered non-profit. Contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law (federal tax ID 20-3642040).
Ashley Connell’s Appeal
Below, University of San Francisco Fellow Ashley Connell shares her experience working as a Volunteer Legal Advocate (VLA) in Ecuador for nine months in 2010 and 2011. As a VLA, she met with refugees individually to provide critical legal advice, counsel and representation to help them obtain legal status, and assert their fundamental human rights. This is an excerpt from a speech she made at Asylum Access’s 6th Annual Summer Soiree and Auction in San Francisco.
Individual donors play an integral role in our mission. Here are some ways your contribution can help:
- $10 provides a client with transportation from a rural area to our offices in Dar es Salaam.
- $25 provides one month of electricity to the Bangkok office.
- $50 funds materials for a Know Your Rights training for women refugees in Quito.
- $100 trains one volunteer lawyer from the U.S. in Tanzanian refugee law.
- $300 funds one mobile legal clinic reaching refugees in rural Ecuador.
- $500 trains interpreters in all 3 offices, so that refugees claiming asylum can be understood by UNHCR and government adjudicators.
- $5,000 guarantees that our clients around the world have legal assistance for one full month.
Thank you for your support!